The scene of a car crash can be incredibly confusing and stressful. With flashing lights and sirens usually surrounding the area, it is easy to get lost in the commotion. Here are several tips to keep in mind to help you navigate the aftermath of a car accident:
- Once you have come to a complete stop, immediately call for help if anyone has suffered an injury that requires medical attention.
- Always remember to use your cell phone or camera to take photos of the accident scene, your injuries, and the cars that were involved, if possible.
- Wait for an officer to arrive and write an accident report.
- Never leave the scene of an accident unless you are asked to do so by the investigating officer.
- Gather the names of any witnesses. Be sure to write down the names and insurance information of anyone involved in the wreck.
Following these tips after an accident may help your legal team assemble a stronger injury case on your behalf, because it’s these important details that are quickly forgotten after victims leave the scene of a collision.