After graduating from Wake Forest Law School in 1970, Michael J. Lewis began his practice in the Triad area. Early in his career, he obtained record verdicts in several North Carolina counties, leading him to focus his practice on personal injury law and eminent domain. As a lawyer, Michael creates a special bond with each of his clients. He enjoys solving problems and finding the best answer for his clients. His clients find him caring and interested in their well-being.
People come to us with problems they can’t solve by themselves, being able to help them is the best part of what we do. I always try to find out how my clients are doing. I want them to know I’m interested in helping them. I care.
“People come to us with problems they can’t solve by themselves, being able to help them is the best part of what we do. I always try to find out how my clients are doing. I want them to know I’m interested in helping them. I care.”-Mike Lewis
Since 1995, Mike Lewis has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America in Personal Injury Litigation. He has also been listed in The Best Lawyers in America in the area of Eminent Domain since 2007. He has been AV rated, the highest peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell since 1995. From 2009 to 2018, Mike Lewis has been consistently named to the list of Super Lawyers by the North Carolina Super Lawyers magazine in personal injury. He is an Advocate member of the prestigious American Board of Trial Lawyers, most recently serving as President of the Western North Carolina Chapter.
Mike is an avid sports fan with a love of basketball, tennis and dancing. He and his wife, Kathy, are ballroom dancers and have also won several state and regional mixed doubles tennis titles.
Awards and Recognition
- Named a Best Law Firm in Personal Injury and Land Condemnation by U.S. News and World Report for 2019. This is the 9th year Lewis & Keller has been honored. Firms included in the rankings have been recognized for professional excellence with persistently impressive ratings from clients and peers.
- Named as one of the Best Lawyers in America for Personal Injury Litigation since 1995
- Named as one of the Best Lawyers in America for Eminent Domain since 2007
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell since 1995
- Named a North Carolina Super Lawyer in Personal Injury from 2009 through 2015
- Advocate Member of the American Board of Trial Lawyers and 2018 President of the Western NC Chapter
*AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the Bar and the Judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Information on the standards for Best Lawyers can be found at bestlawyers.com. Information on the standards for Super Lawyers can be found at superlawyers.com. Information on the standards for Martindale-Hubbell can be found at Martindale.com. Information on the standards for Best Law Firms can be found at Bestlawfirms.usnews.com.