Winston-Salem, North Carolina Skyline Stock Photo
Ask a Lawyer: How Do You File for Workers’ Comp?

"*" indicates required fields

How would you prefer to be contacted?*

Wondering how to file for workers’ comp in North Carolina? State laws and regulations can make it difficult for injured workers to get the compensation they need and deserve, but our champions at Lewis & Keller are here to help. Attorney Shannon Warf Kovach is a Board-Certified Workers’ Comp Specialist. She knows everything there is to know about filing for workers’ comp in North Carolina, and she wants to help you. Read the following transcript to learn the best practices for filing for workers’ comp in North Carolina.

Attorney Shannon Warf Kovach:
Filing for workers comp really means giving notice right away to your employer and calling us first. Not before you give notice to your employer, but before you actually file a claim. But the filing entails submitting what’s called Form 18. It’s a notice of an accident. It’s a fill-in-the-blank form that you send into the industrial commission.

Usually, your employer or the carrier will give you that to fill out. When you come to us, I always review that if you’ve already done it on your own, and then we submit one for you just to make sure it’s been done properly. But once you give notice of the claim, your insurance or your employer should notify their carrier, and then the adjuster steps in.

If you were injured while working in North Carolina, our team of champions is here for you. Attorney Shannon Warf Kovach and our team at Lewis & Keller will work on your behalf to seek the compensation you’re entitled to recover while you focus on healing from your injuries. Don’t wait to get started. It only takes one call to get our experienced champions on your side and fighting for you. Your initial case review will be absolutely free of charge, and you won’t owe us anything unless we win for you.

Winston-Salem Office

285 Executive Park Boulevard
Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27103

Phone: 336-765-7777
Fax: 336-659-1750

Greensboro Office

204 Muirs Chapel Road Suite 100,
Greensboro, North Carolina 27410

Phone: 336-851-1000
Fax: 336-659-1750

Free Case Review

Contact Us Today

"*" indicates required fields

How would you prefer to be contacted?*