We're Open & Ready To Help! Get Started Without Leaving Home. Call 866-299-1769.
Young Woman Meeting With A Physician Stock Photo

According to a recent article, data from the state Department of Labor shows that the number of workplace accidental deaths was down in 2015. Whereas 41 people died in workplace accidents in 2015, there were 45 workplace accidental deaths in 2014. This data only comes from industries regulated by the state Department of Labor and does not include workers killed in traffic accidents, homicides, those who work on small farms, and those employed by federal facilities that are not regulated by the state Labor Department. While the number of workplace deaths were down slightly last year, that does not decrease the need for a work accident attorney if you are injured on the job. If you are hurt at work, follow these steps for dealing with the injury:

  • Report the injury to your employer right away.
  • Seek appropriate medical care. Your employer may have a specific facility where you need to seek treatment. If not, visit a healthcare provider of your choosing.
  • Let your doctor know the injury is work-related, and let the doctor know your employer’s name.
  • Give your employer written notice of the injury. This should be done as soon as possible after the injury, but it must be done at least within 30 days of the injury. If you cannot provide the written notice yourself, a family member or friend can do it for you. Keep a dated copy of the letter for your own records.
  • Do as your healthcare provider has instructed you. Rest, if that is needed. Take the appropriate medications. Do the appropriate physical therapy. Once you are cleared to go back to work, do so, even if it is only part-time or doing less strenuous work. Refusal to return to work when cleared to do so can have a negative impact on your worker’s compensation claim.
  • If you have not done so already, contact us. Trying to battle your worker’s compensation claim on your own is not fun.

Winston-Salem Office

285 Executive Park Boulevard
Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27103

Phone: 336-765-7777
Fax: 336-659-1750

Greensboro Office

204 Muirs Chapel Road
Greensboro, North Carolina 27410

Phone: 336-851-1000
Fax: 336-659-1750

Free Case Review

Contact Us Today